The Omron M3 comfort is a clinically validated blood pressure monitor that makes it easy to keep track of your hypertension at home.
From Omron, the number one recommended brand by cardiologists for home blood pressure monitors in Europe.
Omron’s unique Intelli Wrap Cuff takes away the hassle of cuff placement on the upper arm – giving accurate blood pressure measurements in any position around the upper arm.
Cuff wrap guide and body movement detection indicators help you to avoid common mistakes that can cause inaccurate blood pressure readings.
The M3 Comfort can be used by two separate users + a guest and stores up to 60 blood pressure readings per user.
Easy-to-use Intelli Wrap Cuff
Wrap the cuff at least one finger above your elbow line. During
inflation, the cuff wrap guide will signal if the cuff is on correctly.
One button operation
Press "START" to take a reading, and the cuff will begin to inflate
as it measures your blood pressure.
Clear to understand results
With your measurement, M3 Comfort will indicate if you’ve moved
too much, have an irregular heartbeat or hypertension.
Take action for a healthier future
positive changes in your day to day life to keep your heart
healthier for the future.
Features and cautions
- The Omron M3 Comfort blood pressure monitor makes it easy to get clinical accuracy from the comfort of your own home.
- The easy way to get accurate results. The M3 comfort comes with Omron’s unique Intelli Wrap Cuff, which takes the hassle out of placing the cuff in the right position on your upper arm. As you measure, further help comes from the Cuff wrap guide, which will indicate you’ve correctly fastened the cuff. While measuring your blood pressure, you’ll need to sit still to ensure an accurate reading. However, if you do move, the body movement detector will let you know if there’s been too much movement, to avoid inaccurate blood pressure readings.
- Once it’s taken your blood pressure reading the Omron M3 Comfort will display your heart rate and an indicator if it’s detected an irregular heartbeat or your blood pressure is above the recommended level – indicating hypertension.
- Part of Omron’s latest range of upper arm home blood pressure monitors, the M3 Comfort has a new intuitive design that’s easy to use. The device can be used by two separate users + a guest and stores up to 60 readings per user.
- Device type : Upper Arm Blood Pressure Monitor
- Cuff type : Intelli Wrap Cuff 22–42 cm
- Memory : 2 Users x 60 Readings
- Cuff wrap guide :Yes
- Easy High Blood Pressure Indicator : Yes
- Irregular heartbeat detection : Yes
- Body Movement Detection : Yes
- Validation : Clinical Validation, Diabetic Validation, Pregnancy Validation
- Intellisense Technology : Yes
- Storage case included : Yes
- Consumer or Professional : Consumer
- Weight (kg) : 0.34
- Item dimensions (mm) : 105 x 152 x 85
What's in the box
- M3 Comfort blood pressure monitor
- Intelli Wrap Cuff (22–42cm)
- Instruction manual 1 and 2
- Batteries and storage case
How do I assemble and use the upper arm cuff (small, medium, large or wide range)?
When the cuff is assembled correctly, the Velcro hook material will be on the outside of the cuff loop and the metal ring will not touch your skin. If the cuff is open, pass the end of the cuff furthest from the tubing through the metal ring to form a loop. The smooth cloth should be on the inside of the cuff loop.
- 1. Remove tight-fitting clothing from your upper arm.
- 2. Sit in a chair with your feet flat on the floor.
- 3. Put your left arm through the cuff loop. The bottom of the cuff should be about 1 – 2 cm above your elbow (thickness of your index or middle finger). Adjust the cuff around your arm so that the tubing runs down the centre of your arm in line with your middle finger (palm open and facing upwards).
- 4. Secure the cuff around your arm using the cloth closure. Pull the cuff so that the top and bottom edges are tightened evenly around your arm.
- 5. The cuff should be firmly secured but not too tight – just enough so that it is difficult to slide 2 fingers under the cuff. This space is imperative for an accurate reading. OMRON's digital Blood Pressure Monitors use the Oscillometric method of blood pressure measurement that detects your blood's movement through your brachial artery and converts this movement into a digital reading.
- 6. Relax your arm and place your elbow on the table so that the cuff is at the same level as your heart. Turn the palm of your hand upward.
- 7. Check there are no kinks in the air tubing. Be careful that you do not rest your elbow on the air tube when taking a blood pressure reading.
- 8. Press the ‘O/I START’ or ‘START’ button to begin the blood pressure reading.
For additional information please refer to the Instruction Manual for your device.
Why do my blood pressure readings seem to vary?
There are are several reasons why you may have inconsistent readings. Many factors exist that can cause a variation in blood pressure measurement values, for example, recent activities or even the time of day can alter the reading. Additionally, the user's technique is very important for reliable measurement results. Listed below are some of the common reasons you may see an inconsistent or inaccurate reading:
It is very important to use the appropriate size cuff for your arm to obtain accurate measurement results when using your blood pressure monitor. In order to determine the appropriate cuff size, you need to measure the circumference of your arm. You should periodically measure your arm size. This is especially true if you have a borderline arm size measurement, or you may have gained or lost weight. It is important to ensure the arm cuff you are using with your monitor is the correct size for you. If the incorrect cuff is used the result may be an inaccurate reading and/or the cuff will be damaged (air bladder). To determine your arm size, use a cloth tape measure and place the tape measure midway between your elbow and your shoulder around the circumference of your upper arm. Wrap the tape measure evenly around your arm. Do not pull the tape tight. Note the precise measurement in centimetres.
- 1. Put your left arm through the cuff loop. The bottom of the cuff should be about 1 – 2 cm above your elbow (thickness of your index or middle finger). Adjust the cuff around your arm so that the tubing runs down the centre of your arm in line with your middle finger.
- 2. Secure the cuff around your arm using the cloth closure. Pull the cuff so that the top and bottom edges are tightened evenly around your arm.
- 3. Secure the cuff firmly but not too tight – just enough so that it is difficult to slide 2 fingers under the cuff. This space is imperative for an accurate reading because OMRON's digital Blood Pressure Monitors use the Oscillometric method of blood pressure measurement that detects your blood's movement through your brachial artery and converts this movement into a digital reading.
Before Taking a Measurement
Avoid eating, drinking alcohol, smoking, exercising, and bathing for 30 minutes and rest for 15 before starting the measurement. Avoid taking a measurement during stressful times. Take the measurement in a quiet place.
Sit in a chair with your feet flat on the floor. Rest your arm on a table with your palm facing upward. The cuff should be level with your heart. Do not talk or move during the measurement.
For additional information please refer to the Instruction Manual for your device.
What is the cause of the E or EE Error Indicator?
Each model of OMRON Blood Pressure Monitor has some basic diagnostics built into the unit. If the device detects a problem, this will be displayed as an E, EE or Er ## (## = a two digit number). Please refer to the Troubleshooting and Maintenance section in your Instruction Manual for a list of the error codes and explanations applicable to your device.
Why do I see the low battery indicator on the screen?
When you replace your batteries, in some instances, the low battery symbol can remain but will disappear after several readings.
Please be aware that there is no full battery symbol, only a low battery symbol or an outline of a battery symbol which indicates the batteries are exhausted.
If you only see the low battery symbol when the unit is switched on, this is normal and standard on all of our monitors. This is done in order to check the physical state of the LCD screen.
If you find that the battery symbol is still showing whilst the cuff is inflating or deflating, then it may be a sign that the batteries are close to being exhausted and should be replaced with good quality batteries. If the unit shuts down whilst you are taking a reading and the outline of the battery is flashing, this means the batteries need to be replaced.
Please be assured that the accuracy is not affected so please continue to use it as normal.
How can I get my OMRON blood pressure monitor re-calibrated?
With all OMRON blood pressure monitors, the recommended time between calibration depends on the use of the product. If the monitor is being used in a home or personal environment, we recommend they are re-calibrated every 2 years. If the monitor is being used in a clinical environment such as a doctors surgery, we recommend that this is done annually to ensure the accuracy of the results.
OMRON blood pressure monitors all come with a 3 year warranty from date of delivery. If you still have a copy of your receipt or invoice, we can service your monitor free of charge for 3 years from the date of delivery.
If you wish to proceed with this, please follow the below instructions to ensure a quick turnaround.
You will need to include:
- A brief note stating that your machine requires servicing & explaining the issues you are having with obtaining readings, if any.
- Your return address details - Items are sent out via our nominated courier so the return address needs to be where someone will be available to sign for it.
- A daytime contact telephone number.
- A copy of your purchase receipt or invoice (showing purchase within the last 3 years) so that we can carry the work out free of charge.
Alternatively, feel free to contact us with the serial number on the back of the monitor so that we can check when the monitor was manufactured as we can start the 3 year warranty from the manufacturing date if you no longer have a receipt. If you have had your monitor for more than 3 years, we can of course still service it outside of warranty - There is a standard charge of £30 for this which is payable by cheque made out to "OMRON Healthcare UK Ltd."
Mailing address:Technical Customer Services
OMRON Healthcare UK Ltd
We aim to have your monitor returned to you within 7 working days.
What does ‘Clinically Validated’ mean and is it the same as Clinically Tested?
The two terms are not the same. Clinically Validated means a product has been evaluated by an independent organisation and tested against as well as met the stringent requirements as set out by numerous international organisations such as the British Hypertension Society (BHS), European Society for Hypertension (ESH), and International Protocol (IP), just to mention a few. A device that is ‘clinically tested’ has not been tested or evaluated against a set of defined criteria it simply means the device has been used by staff in some type of clinic.
How can I clean my blood pressure monitor?
Wipe the casing of the monitor clean using a soft dry cloth. Never use any abrasive type cleaners or submerge the monitor or any of the components in water. The cuff can be cleaned with a soft moistened cloth and a mild soap.