Lamberts Folic Acid 400µg
You Save 15% (£0.79)
Folic acid plays an essential role in cell multiplication and is critical in DNA and RNA formation, and is therefore especially important in foetal development. It is now widely accepted and established that lack of folate during the first trimester of pregnancy increases the risk of neural tube defects in the developing baby. Folic acid in also known to play an important part in the body's regulation of homocysteine, the amino acid like compound that is implicated in the damage that occurs to the lining of blood vessel walls that can then lead to the build up of plaques.Lamberts Folic Acid 400µg Product Data Sheet Download
Folic acid is a water soluble vitamin which the body cannot store for long. Good food sources include green vegetables and whole grains. However cooking and storage can deplete the levels in food and currently 47% of women fail to consume the NRV of 200µg/day, which is why supplementation is recommended. Bioavailability studies indicate that folic acid supplements are well absorbed and are a reliable way to guard against dietary deficiencies.
This product provides 400µg of folic acid which is up to 3 times the level supplied by many people's diets, and the level that is increasingly recommended.
Small easy-to-swallow tablets
- Folic acid is especially important in foetal development with the Department of Health advising that all women planning a pregnancy should take a supplement of 400µg daily
- Currently 47% of women fail to consume the RNI of 200µg/day, which is why supplementation is recommended
- Small easy-to-swallow tablets
- Providing 400µg of folic acid per tablet
- Up to 3 times the level supplied by many people's diets, and the level that is increasingly recommended
Usage & Administration
1 tablet daily.
|A to Z||F|