Lamberts FOS (Fructo-oligosaccharides)
This product consists of a special carbohydrate called Fructo-oligosaccharides (FOS), a form of soluble fibre, which is found in many vegetables such as chicory and onions. When you take FOS, it passes through your digestive system undigested until it reaches your bowel where the friendly bacteria use it as a food source. The result is a rapid growth in the 'friendly' bacteria, such as Bifidobacteria and Lactobacillus species. This is what is called the 'prebiotic' effect, and as the friendly beneficial bacteria multiply, the harmful pathogenic bacteria and yeasts are suppressed. This leads to better bowel tone, more regular movements and a reduction in digestive 'upsets'.
After just 2 weeks of taking 8g of FOS daily, research has shown that FOS can significantly increase the number of beneficial bacteria in the gut by up to 10 times. This is why many researchers working in this area believe that prebiotic products are greatly undervalued compared to the popularity of probiotics.
FOS is extracted from chicory roots and is suitable for all ages, including children and pregnant woman, as well as those on yeast-free diets and those on medication, and can be used on a long term basis. It is a sweet soluble powder that can be mixed in to cold or hot drinks, sprinkled on cereals or eaten of the spoon.
Daily intake: 2.5g to 10g
Formerly Eliminex; A natural soluble fibre that helps maintain bowel health
- 100% natural
- Can lead to better bowel tone, more regular movements and a reduction in digestive 'upsets'
- A sweet soluble powder that can either be mixed into hot or cold drinks, sprinkled onto cereals and desserts or eaten off the spoon
- Safe for long-term use, although research has shown positive results after just 2 week
- Suitable for all ages, including children and during pregnancy
- Suitable for vegetarians
Usage & Administration
(1 heaped teaspoon = 5g)
This product may be used in one of two ways: At low doses FOS acts as a prebiotic (bowel 'conditioner') At larger doses FOS conditions the bowel and also helps maintain regularity.
For specific requirements:
- Initial Dose (Adult): 5g, Maintenance Dose (Adult): 10g
- Initial Dose (Children 4yrs+): 2.5g, Maintenance Dose (Children 4yrs+): 5g
- Initial Dose (Adult): 2.5g, Normal Full Dose (Adult): Try 15g, Maintenance Daily Dose (Adult): Try 20g
- Initial Dose (Children 4yrs+): 2.5g, Normal Full Dose (Children 4yrs+): Try 5g, Maintenance Daily Dose (Children 4yrs+): 10g
Dissolve in hot drinks or sprinkle onto cereal. Alternatively simply take it 'off the spoon'. Be sure to drink at least 2 litres of fluids a day.
|A to Z||F|