Thyroid Support - Nature's Own
Our Thyroid Support supplement is designed to support thyroid health. It contains organic kelp (from organic seaweed) which is rich in iodine, L-Tyrosine (an amino acid), selenium and manganese.Nature's Own Thyroid Support Product Data Sheet Download
- Seagreens® Ascophyllum nodosum is the organic kelp (a type of seaweed) species that we use in our product. It provides a natural source of iodine.
- Iodine is needed for thyroid hormone production and is one of the micronutrients known to be short in many people’s diets.
- Seagreens® is a rich source of a range of minerals, vitamins, trace elements, amino acids, essential fats, and antioxidants.
- Research shows that the iodine from Seagreens® is in an ideal form which has a more prolonged and steadier uptake than potassium iodide (the common form of iodine in table salt), with no adverse effect on the thyroid.
- Seagreens® carries Nutritious Food Seaweed BDA certification – it assures consumers of consistent nutritional value, levels of iodine, and is rooted in the principles of sustainable food and biodynamic production.
- L-tyrosine is included as it is beneficial to have L-tyrosine and iodine ingested together in a form that is immediately usable by the thyroid gland.
- The minerals zinc, copper, manganese, and selenium are also needed for the conversion of the thyroid hormones thyroxine (T4) to triiodothyronine (T3).
L-Tyrosine, organic kelp (Seagreens® Ascophyllum nodosum) providing iodine, manganese, selenium (from yeast), hydroxypropyl methylcellulose (capsule shell).
1-2 capsules daily with food as a food supplement or as directed by a practitioner.